Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 9. INDUSTRY, INNOVATION & INFRASTRUCTURE
Zama’s mission is to bring end-to-end encryption to AI. Using their homomorphic inference platform, companies can process their customer’s data without seeing it, thereby preventing data breaches and surveillance.
Zama’s solution is based on a breakthrough in homomorphic encryption, which enables evaluating deep neural networks over encrypted data, without changing anything to the network architecture. Zama is open-source by design, as they believe privacy-enabling technologies should benefit the widest possible community of developers and researchers.
Zama’s cofounders are Dr Pascal Paillier, one of the most renowned cryptography researcher, and Dr Rand Hindi, a serial entrepreneur who formerly founded Snips.
The AI Framework team is building an open source framework for homomorphic machine learning. The product your team will design, develop, test and maintain aims to take any DAG (directed acyclic graph) —- or later, any program —- and to transform it into a fully homomorphic equivalent, with tunable and small accuracy loss. Notably, a first usage will be to convert neural networks into end-to-end encrypted equivalent programs, which can virtually run on an insecure server while maintaining user’s privacy.
We are looking for a specialist of ML frameworks (e.g., ONNX), who has experience in developping (i.e., not only using) in these frameworks. Experience in backends would also be required.
Your team (and thus you) will be responsible for:
• running networks and modify them in a way which will be described by cryptographers, which makes that the network can be turned into in a fully homomorphic equivalent
• developping the product in a clear & efficient way, mainly in python
• making the use of our compiler as easy to use as possible for our users
• publishing or blog the techniques used by the tool
• managing our open source repositories and the community around it
• experience in ML frameworks and backends
• experience in deep learning
• development of production tools in python or C/C++/Rust
• optionally: experience with FHE or cryptography
• be passionate about privacy and open source