Experience5 - 7 years
Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 4. QUALITY EDUCATION
About Us & Why We’re Hiring
At K12 Insight, we’re building a world where schools and communities work better together – a world in which all perspectives are valued. We’re on a mission to help schools build stronger relationships with parents, students, and staff, making the customer experience a priority in the districts we serve. We do this through a combination of cloud-based technology and professional training that helps schools listen to their communities and provide better customer experiences, inside the classroom and out. We’re currently looking for a Regional Account Director for the Western region who shares our commitment to this vision.
As a Regional Account Director, you’re responsible for building relationships and guiding leads through our consultative sales process. You will both acquire new and develop existing customers within your territory. It’s your job to cultivate strategic relationships with the school community, sharing best practices and serving as a trusted thought partner with school leaders.
A born leader, you have tremendous drive and business acumen. You’re not satisfied with simply “being there.” It’s in your nature to constantly look for new and untapped opportunities. You work hard and expect your compensation to reflect the intensity of those efforts.
- Guide clients through the consultative sales process, successfully executing contracts with new and renewal clients to hit specific booking targets.
- Build trust with clients and potential clients, exemplifying the above-and-beyond customer experience that K12 Insight is known for.
- Cultivate relationships — listen and learn from administrators about their challenges and opportunities.
- Research issues — closely follow school district news and insider developments in your territory around issues like school choice, strategic planning, boundary changes, etc.
- Spark insights — share relevant stories of the successes of K12 Insight’s clients with administrators in your territory.
- Present comprehensive proposals for K12 Insight solutions.
- This role is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
- You bring 5+ years’ experience in district-level sales of SaaS/technology products in the K-12 education space, including enterprise-wide sales to Superintendents and IT departments. Experience within the Western region is a plus.
- You are a “hunter” whose relentless drive for sales growth and success outweighs your inhibitions.
- You are a natural “people person” who thrives on relationships, remembers names, and always leaves a warm impression.
- You think critically and creatively to address client needs and overcome objections.
- Experience selling Workforce Management and/or IT Operations Software is a plus.
Location and Travel: This role will own a portfolio in the Western USA. Our preference is to hire within the assigned territory, but we will consider remote candidates located anywhere in the United States. K12 Insight is currently operating 100% remotely with highly limited travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the future, this role may include up to 25% travel within the assigned territory.
What We Offer
At K12 Insight, we are passionate about supporting our clients and making our workplace great. Our dedicated and talented team is one of the things colleagues rave about. Here are some of the ways we care for our team.
- Generous vacation policy which includes 17 days of PTO (with increasing amounts for additional years of tenure), 2 volunteer days, the entire week of December 24 – January 1, and 8 additional holidays. Oh, and shortened Fridays during the summer!
- Competitive salaries with incentive pay for performance
- Option of medical, dental and vision plans with highly subsidized premiums
- Short-term disability, long-term disability and basic life insurance at no extra cost
- 401K retirement savings plan with company match
- Excellent choice of computer equipment and a monthly cell phone plan stipend
- An annual professional development budget (we believe in education!)
- Trust – weʼre adults, no need to punch a clock or get approval to see a doctor during the workday.
K12 Insight is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to be critical to our success and are passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative environment for all employees. All are encouraged to apply as we continue to grow a smart, hard-working, and diverse team who love working together to build something that matters. K12 Insight uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.