Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 7. AFFORDABLE & CLEAN ENERGY
Reporting to: Market Optimisation Manager
Based: GridBeyond’s Dublin Office/Operations Centre: 3015 Lake Drive, Citywest Business Park, Dublin D24 DKP4
- Provide 24/7 monitoring on all our grid services live across the day for our diverse portfolio across Ireland, United Kingdom, and the United States. Understanding what is happening, being prepared to act when required depending on scenario, understanding when an issue has occurred and what to do with it.
- Optimising our portfolio in Great Britain’s ancillary services (frequency, reserve) and power markets. Analysing market dynamics, defining short term trading strategies. Trade execution and both, financial and physical management of our asset’s positions.
- Support and drive GridBeyond’s entry into new ancillary services and power markets such as, but not limited to, ERCOT and PJM. Understand market structure, analyse potential opportunities and definition and execution of trading strategies.
- Assessing and dealing with alarms taking ownership and responsibility to solve them in a timely fashion.
- Dealing with customer requests (report config, setpoint changes, schedule changes etc).
- Support GridBeyond smart grid services; application processes, generating and carrying out weekly and real-time declarations, declaration analysis, dispatch management, site/application alarms and generating customer statements.
- Contacting customers to ensure we have dispatch and engagement info up to date and that customers themselves are ready for dispatches.
- Ensuring we are always ready to deliver a dispatch to answer the needs of the Grid. Having procedures and staff at the ready to deliver.
- Monitoring delivery performance of services on an ongoing basis and preparing performance reports as required by grid operators.
- Develop understanding of customer sites, assets, and control techniques for current live sites
- Reporting unit performance and alarms to business on weekly basis.
- Carrying out energy analysis on customer data to determine efficiency savings, site energy usage issues and additional savings opportunities for both Ireland and UK clients.
- Cite-See (GridBeyond’s head end controller) support for deployment team.
- Center-See and Customer Portal configuration and support for existing customer base.
- Provide feedback to the development team on tools and services to assist with energy analysis.
- Other activities and new service offerings that may arise as the role develops
Required Experience and Skills
- Engineering degree (L7 or L8) or equivalent
- Understanding of trading, specifically energy trading a preference but not a requirement.
- Good understanding of energy usage, energy billing across industrial and commercial retail buildings.
- Experience of working a 24/7 shift roster a plus
- Strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Produce presentations and reports to a professional standard
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative
- Organized, energetic and self-motivated
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of software tools
- Highly numerate
- Good attention to detail