Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 12. RESPONSIBLE PRODUCTION & CONSUMPTIONSDG 13. CLIMATE CHANGE
Who we are?
Smartex is a fast-growing technology company based in San Francisco, Shenzhen and Porto that is leading the way in reducing waste in textile production, using cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence technology, Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
Smartex has attracted some of the most significant capital funds in the world, focusing on industrial technologies such as Momenta Partners, DCVC, Spider Capital, SOSV, and also from the Fashion Industry such as Fashion for Good, a global initiative supported by C&A, adidas, Kering Group, PVH, Stella McCartney, Target, Zalando and others.
Why do we exist?
Our Vision is to rapidly create advanced & Impactful technologies for archaic industries such as the Textile Industry. Create impact by changing and Improve the World, solving real, measurable, and massive problems to help Humanity.
Nowadays, the Textile Industry wastes Billions of dollars per year in defective production and the leading solution to minimize defective production is having human inspection 24/7 to detect production faults. There has to be a better way!
What we do?
Our mission is to become the nº 1 solution for Textile Manufacturing automated inspection, in Q&C and waste reduction. Also to bring advanced technology to the Textile Industry in order to become transparent, traceable, sustainable, and better serve the humanity!
We build Hardware and Software to integrate camera systems inside textile production machines that can automatically inspect, act, alert, and save resources and time.
We build platforms where all the information lives. Data like textile roll virtual maps, machinery & production performance, manufacturing control, and much more.
🎯 Your mission
Improve the quality of Smartex.ai inspection and improve customer satisfaction by sourcing, testing, and qualifying camera systems.
🔍 What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with a background in physics engineering or similar, with a good understanding of lenses and camera systems to work on our hardware development team selecting and testing optical components for Smartex sensors.
- Define specifications for camera systems, including sensor, filter, and lens characteristics
- Write, plan, and execute test procedures for optic systems
- Define quality targets
- Work with suppliers and manufacturers in order to make sure they can deliver cameras on time and up to our quality standards
- Visit clients to understand the constraints of the system and the pains of the end-user
- Write software (Python) to interface with camera manufacturer’s SDK
- Plan, design and build test procedures and jigs for cameras (this might require some software and hardware development)
- Background in physics engineering or similar
- Knowledge in lenses, optical filters, and cameras
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
- Extra points if you have knowledge of electronics
- Salary package according to experience & skills
- Company stock options
- Dynamic work environment in a fast-growing company
- Career progression
- Office perks (snacks, fruit, coffee, pet friendly, etc.)
- Hybrid / remote work culture
- Opportunity to make a real impact in the World
- Possibility to work a couple days a week from home.
How to Apply
Please send you motivation letter and CV to: