Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 3. GOOD HEALTH & WELL BEING
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
As a drug-discovery data scientist, you will be an essential member of drug project teams, working with biologists and chemists to advance candidate drugs through screening and development, and with other data scientists on improving our algorithms for drug discovery. You will bring your unique approach and innovative thinking in developing scalable solutions in drug discovery that immediately impact decisions. In this role, you will:
- Develop innovative analysis for novel biological datasets. You will work tightly with biologists and chemists in a project team to help design experiments and develop novel analyses that will accurately answer specific questions.
- Design scalable solutions. In collaboration with machine learning scientists and software engineers, you will create software tools to analyze and visualize the high-throughput, multimodal biological screening data from the Recursion platform.
The Team You’ll Join
With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, we’ve built a data science team with domain expertise in computer science, physics, biology, mathematics, applied statistics, and more. We work side-by-side with biologists, automation scientists, chemists, software engineers, and many others; together, we develop the tools and methods to turn our experimental data into treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals. In this role, you will also use your experience to effectively gauge the scope and impact of your projects against the broader team and company goals in collaboration with a team lead and project manager.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A firm grasp of the fundamentals of probability, statistics, and machine learning.
- Excellence at working on a dynamic project team, turning experimental designs and analyses around quickly in collaboration with biologists and chemists, and development of software tools in collaboration with other data scientists and software engineers.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing analyses of high-throughput/large-scale data to address biological questions with statistical confidence. (through publications or work experience)
- High fluency with the Python data stack (numpy, pandas, sklearn, etc).
- Experience with SQL databases, distributed version control systems, such as git, and experience with peer code review.
- Practical working experience applying the aforementioned professional competencies (e.g. 3+ years industry experience, PhD in an ML-focused computational science field or equivalent experience in post-doctoral research, etc.)
Senior Data Scientist
- Postgraduate experience in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry/biophysics, pharmacology, or computational chemistry.
- 2+ years experience developing creative statistical approaches to large-scale biological data problems.
Nice To Have:
- Experience designing high throughput experiments to address biological questions, either on your own or in collaboration with bench scientists.
- Experience analyzing data from imaging- and/or genomics-based modalities in particular.
- Code you can share. Send a link along with your email.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*