Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing AI startups in the world?
At CENTURY Tech, we use AI, neuroscience and learning science to create the world’s most advanced learning technologies. Our tools personalise learning to every student and empower teachers and organisations with rich data insights. We work with leading schools, Ministries of Education, universities and publishers across the world.
As demand for high-quality edtech increases, we’re now looking for an outstanding Head of Strategic Projects to lead the implementation and delivery of all major projects and partnerships.
The role is a leadership position within the company, and is a combination of project management and business development work, suited to someone with a background in management consulting or similar, and with a good understanding of education. We work with governments, global publishers, school groups and other international partners all over the world to implement CENTURY in school systems and direct-to-learner. The Strategic Projects team currently consists of 3 project managers, which would all report to the team lead. We plan to expand this team further in the coming months.
Founded by entrepreneur Priya Lakhani OBE in 2013, CENTURY’s mission is to use technology to remove roadblocks to learning so that every student can succeed. We’re a close-knit team of 80 people united by a mission to use technology to improve the world. We’re powered by a strong startup culture and backed by long-term investors aligned with our goals.
Our team has won the MIT Solve, CogX Innovation Award, EdTechXGlobal Award, GESS Award, AI Award and many more. We’ve also been named Economic Disruptor of the Year by the Spectator and were recognised by UNESCO as a finalist in its ICT in Education Prize.
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for someone that wants to make a positive impact on society, and is passionate about the difference that technology can make to the outcomes of all learners. You will need to be an excellent communicator, a good leader and confident in managing meetings and presenting to senior stakeholders.
You will need to be highly proficient at developing project documentation (including presentations, spreadsheets, gantt charts) and monitoring tools, whilst also having the flexibility and drive to manage unusual and unexpected projects.
Activities, duties and responsibilities
The role will require flexibility, as it will be a fast-paced environment requiring a candidate who can think on their feet. Core activities and responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the delivery/implementation of all major projects and partnerships across the world.
- Managing the Strategic Projects team, each of whom will be responsible for a smaller portfolio of projects. The team currently consists of 3 project managers; we plan to expand this team further in the coming months.
- Implementing projects from start to finish, from initial conversations through to detailed delivery plans and execution.
- Implementing and maintaining internal management processes to ensure projects are on track and delivering value for partners and for CENTURY.
- Drafting, coordinating, and submitting international proposals, including government tenders.
- Developing business plans and financial models for future partnerships; tracking financials against the plan.
- Reporting internally against plans and milestones, and ensuring that all parts of the business work toward project goals in a coherent and efficient way.
- Coordinating and communicating with tech, product and curriculum teams.
- Coaching and supporting the development of the team. Being an advocate for best practice in project and change management. Making stuff happen.
- Research into new markets, and market developments within education, technology, and other relevant fields.
- Supporting, and often leading on, company-wide strategy presentations and initiatives.
- Representing strategic projects across the company.
- An undergraduate degree at 2:1 or higher.
- A track record of high achievement throughout education.
- 7+ years relevant experience; for example in a high-growth tech company, consultancy, or education company.
- Experience working across a variety of partnerships or projects: B2B, B2G, B2C.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Experience working with different cultures and geographies.
- Languages (e.g. Arabic or Spanish) a plus.
- Data centric – comfortable analysing, handling and reporting data.
- Thrive in an innovative, high-paced, high-tech, disruptive environment.
- The successful candidate will have the right to work in the UK.
What we’re offering
We’re offering a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus your birthday and three extra days at Christmas off, and the potential to start immediately.
We’re currently working from home, but we expect to return to our London office once it is sensible to do so. While we’re working from home, we’ll courier you all the technology you need to thrive.
CENTURY Tech is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and provide two references. Details of our recruitment process can be found on our website: century.tech/safer-recruitment-policy