Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 3. GOOD HEALTH & WELL BEING
Verge Genomics is seeking a Head of People to help us scale our team while building the best culture in biotech. This position is based in South San Francisco.
Reporting to our Vice President of Finance and Operations, you will lead our Talent and People functions, working closely with company leaders to grow, engage, reward, and enable their teams. You’ll foster connection among employees, scale our internal communications, and help us live our values day in and day out.
In addition, there are many opportunities to tailor your own ideal position, including work with employee engagement, DEI, performance management, compensation, and organizational structure.
We’re looking for a self-starter with strong project management and communication skills and willingness to be an operational leader within our team. You’ll be given big goals and few constraints; creativity, autonomy, and fearlessness will be great assets.
We’re inventing something new and different here at Verge Genomics; please apply if you thrive in the face of ambiguity, are unafraid to proactively ask questions, and love solving new problems. If you exhibit good judgment and thrive on the autonomy to make your own decisions, then we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Own the Talent Acquisition function, including headcount planning, full-cycle recruiting, coaching hiring managers, and managing outsourced recruiting staff.
- Own the employee experience, working closely with the leadership team to develop strategic programs to drive engagement and to deepen our connection to our mission, our work, and each other.
- Maintain our total rewards program, scale our feedback and performance management systems, and ensure that our policies and procedures scale with the company and align with our core values.
- Set the strategic direction, determine priorities, and make major decisions within the people function.
What We’re Looking For …
- You’ve got a Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years experience in HR/Talent at a small to midsize tech or biotech company.
- Ideally, you’ve got further education in relevant fields and you’ve spent some time at a fast-paced startup or working across multiple locations.
- You’ve advocated for and built new programs, coached executives, diagnosed culture problems, fixed compliance issues, and thrown some great parties.
- You’ve got high EQ, excellent judgment, discretion, and grace under pressure.
- You’re reliable and responsive, effective with your time, you take ownership, and you finish what you start.
- You know all the tools and have opinions on their strengths and flaws.
- You understand and care about issues and opportunities related to diversity and inclusion, gender/race equality and fair employment practices.
- You’re excited to work in a fast-paced, low-structure environment to build the best culture in biotech!
Help us revolutionize the way drugs are discovered & developed:
Currently, it takes on average 12 years and $2.6 billion to get a single drug to market, with the drug discovery and development process costing $1.4 billion. Verge Genomics has raised >$50 million in venture capital to change this broken model by fueling the drug discovery pipeline with machine learning.
Verge Genomics is a next-generation biopharmaceutical start-up using human genomics to accelerate development of life-saving treatments for neurodegenerative diseases. Our platform uses patient tissue profiling, human genetics, and machine learning to identify new therapeutic gene targets, predict effective drugs, and stratify patient subpopulations for increased clinical success. Verge’s approach offers a breakthrough opportunity to identify drugs that dramatically improve patient outcomes and fundamentally lower the cost curve of pharmaceutical development.
We are looking for extraordinary individuals to join our motivated team in taking on our generation’s biggest healthcare challenges: Alzheimer’s Disease, ALS, and Parkinson’s Disease. Our employees are our most important asset; we are a team of founders, excited to learn, roll up our sleeves, and make a real impact.
Verge actively seeks a diverse applicant pool in order to build the strongest possible workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.