Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 12. RESPONSIBLE PRODUCTION & CONSUMPTION
At PreWarp we are building the tools brands need to get the right product to the right person at the right price. Minimising its impact in the process.
Global fashion loses $1tn annually from poor demand forecasting. This is particularly concerning as fashion sucks up more energy than both aviation and shipping combined, accounting for around 10% of greenhouse gas emissions. PreWarp is setting out to tackle this problem, building the tools needed to enable brands to produce exact demand, maximising their revenue while doing so.
PreWarp applies the latest optimisation and machine learning to deliver actionable recommendations. These have been shown to improve demand forecasting accuracy by more than 50%. They are an early stage start up already operational with customers, processing £3bn worth of sales information from more than 30,000 products and with a further dozen customers in the pipeline.
Moving forward, they are focusing on expanding their team. By solving a such a widespread problem, PreWarp have great potential to help shape the future of fashion
- Our engineers have a passion for bringing to life distributed systems, solving problems for our customers, scalable and robust architectures and delightful developer experiences
- You’re someone who loves solving problems. We’re facing a lot of previously uncharted territory and with that facing a whole set of new unseen problems and we’re looking for people who don’t shy away from these sorts of problems
What the job involves
- We’re looking for curious developers to help us design and implement the architecture of the platform that allows us to scale to hundreds of customers and move fast not only in the next 6 months, but also in the next 2 years
- We’re changing the way retail companies deal with their data and want to give them super powers to use their data in never before seen ways
- To do that we’re going to need help integrating with a plethora of third party systems and api’s to provide our customers with a rich eco-system of applications they are able to integrate with
- £1,000 annual learning budget
- £1,000 to go on holiday each year
- Wednesday afternoon’s off to focus on hobbies
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Work from home opportunities
- Health insurance
- Openness: transparency in all we’re doing and why, including candid feedback
- Compound improvement: it’s what you do each day that matters. Focus on constant improvement and learning
- Results over process: we treat you like adults and support you like family to get the work done and to thrive personally in the process