Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 13. CLIMATE CHANGESDG 15. LIFE ON LAND
Who we are.
Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
We are backed by mission-aligned investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Chris Sacca, Saltwater Ventures, and Paul Graham.
Pachama is looking for our first Director of People to help shape our growing company. As our first People hire, you will have an opportunity to help set the culture and practices of our growing team at our foundations and have a meaningful impact on Pachama’s ability to achieve our mission.
In this role, we are looking for a leader excited for a challenge of growing a remote team across a number of critical people and HR processes. You will also be a key resource internally for growing teams tackling new challenges and help to shape how the entire Pachama organization lives out its values.
This role is remote within the United States. However, being within 3 hours of Pacific time is preferred for this role given cross-functional communication responsibilities.
- Help us attract and bring on board incredibly talented team members
- Instill culture by developing programs for employee development within a remote, growing team
- Set practices to ensure inclusive practices across team building
- Ensure Pachama has a fair and competitive compensation and benefits program
- Ensure Pachama has a performance process that holds us all to a top bar
- Collaborate with operations and accounting to enact and enforce HR policies
We’re looking for:
- 8+ years of implementing people best practices and scaling high performance teams
- A drive to find, hire, and grow amazing people dedicated to a big mission
- An understanding of intricacies of being a remote-first organization
- Demonstrated willingness to tackle consistent growth and change
- Deep empathy and ability to understand humans
- Absolute passion for our mission and a belief that we can make an impact