Experience5 - 7 years
Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 4. QUALITY EDUCATION
About Us & Why We’re Hiring
At K12 Insight, we’re building a world where schools and communities work better together – a world in which all perspectives are valued. We’re on a mission to help schools build stronger relationships with parents, students, and staff, making the customer experience a priority in the districts we serve. We do this through a combination of cloud-based technology and professional development that helps schools listen to their communities and provide better customer experiences, inside the classroom and out. K12 Insight is transforming our Marketing function and positioning it at the forefront of our growth strategy.
As Director of Demand Generation, you will play a pivotal role in generating qualified leads and accelerating them into our sales funnel. You will own the development and execution of our integrated demand generation strategy, taking both a strategic and hands-on approach to design, activate, and execute campaigns that inspire prospects to action. You will partner closely with other Marketing disciplines and across the company to drive pipeline generation, sales enablement, revenue growth, and client retention. You will track and measure the impact and effectiveness of campaigns, and pivot as necessary to ensure continual success. This is an individual contributor role with potential to have a lasting impact on the growth of our business for years to come.
- Own design, planning, and execution of demand generation strategy while collaborating across the company to understand and address the needs of our customer base.
- Create and oversee multiple marketing programs from creation to finish, including email marketing and digital/pay per click advertising.
- Develop and maintain a regular cadence of multi-channel, integrated demand generation programs that apply proven best practices.
- Build, maintain, monitor, and optimize paid ad campaigns.
- Continuously analyze data, monitor ROI, and develop insights that lead to improved pipeline generation and sales conversion rate.
- Quarterback prospects and leads gained from campaigns, ensuring timely handoff, follow-up and advancement of MQLs.
- Work closely with sales to understand and improve lead quality and sales enablement.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in marketing, education, and technology to ensure our strategy remains fresh, current, and impactful.
- Remain deeply aware of our company mission, vision, product goals, and buyer journey, and translate that knowledge into compelling campaigns that inspire prospects and clients to action.
How We’ll Measure Your Success (KPIs)
Financial impact of your work – Quarterly and YoY growth in:
- Sales Qualified Leads
- Marketing sourced pipeline
- Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR)
- New Client Acquisition logos
- Upsell & cross-sell units
- Share of wallet
Operational impact of your work – YoY improvements in:
- Conversion efficiency (ToF>>Interest/MQL, MQL>>SQL, SQL>>Opportunity)
- Sales velocity
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
Keys Attributes for Success
- You’ve had steady career progression in the marketing field, and are ready to take full ownership of demand generation strategy and execution for a growing business.
- You bring hands-on experience and expert knowledge of tools, concepts and best practices for email marketing, pay per click, content, digital marketing, and pipeline creation.
- You are relentless in your pursuit of new and effective ways to generate new business leads.
- You are experienced at building and executing on demand generation strategy
- You are known for your ability to quickly establish positive working relationships, build strong cross-functional partnerships, and collaborate effectively.
- You possess excellent communication and presentation skills, and can communicate concepts in concise and clear terms to all levels of management.
- You possess extreme attention to detail.
- You are an excellent writer and proofreader.
- You’re a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- You enjoy a mix of both independent and collaborative work.
- You default to critical and creative thinking when faced with a challenge.
- You thrive in a startup environment where you are tasked with “figuring it out”, chipping in, working under tight deadlines, and taking initiative to support a fast-growing business.
- 5-8 years on a marketing team with demonstrable career growth and progression, and an emphasis on demand generation and email/digital marketing.
- 3+ years as primary owner of demand generation within a $10-30M organization.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Marketo, Salesforce, and other digital marketing tools. Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Experience working in education/edtech highly preferred.
Note: K12 Insight is currently operating 100% remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This role will work from home with no travel until further notice. In the future, it may include a flexible office or work-from-home arrangement and occasional travel. We will consider candidates located anywhere in the United States.
What We Offer
At K12 Insight , we are passionate about supporting our clients and making our workplace great. Our dedicated and talented team is one of the things colleagues rave about. Here are some of the ways we care for our team.
- Generous vacation policy which includes 17 days of PTO (with increasing amounts for additional years of tenure), 2 volunteer days, the entire week of December 24 – January 1, and 8 additional holidays. Oh, and shortened Fridays during the summer!
- Competitive salaries with incentive pay for performance
- Option of medical, dental and vision plans
- Short-term disability, long-term disability and basic life insurance at no extra cost
- 401K retirement savings plan with company match
- Excellent choice of computer equipment and a monthly cell phone plan stipend
- An annual professional development budget (we believe in education!)
- Trust – weʼre adults, no need to punch a clock or get approval to see a doctor during the workday.