Experience< 2 years
Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 7. AFFORDABLE & CLEAN ENERGYSDG 13. CLIMATE CHANGE
Get to know the Role:
Hands-on role to develop the next biggest thing in electricity and climate change. We are seeking a data engineer with experience in building products. You will work on the core product of Resync, where energy users gain insights about their assets, expenditure, health etc. through our B2B SaaS platform. You will get to build and improve the product at hand, launch different products in new verticals, manage end to end software development. The key value we look for is taking initiatives to identify the problems and work with the team to solve them.
What Awaits you:
- Build and scale product that is changing the way we use electricity
- Work with a dynamic, adaptable, and inquisitive team with strong foundations in software engineering
- Have a pivotal role in the transformation of our engineering culture
- Learn in an environment passionate about knowledge-sharing
- Be empowered with the ability to set organisational culture and product direction
The day-to-day activities will include:
- Design and implement microservices to improve availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Resync’s product
- Architect efficient and scalable backend systems on GC/AWS and Kubernetes
- Develop and maintain data pipelines on the cloud with evolving business needs.
- Work closely with our data scientists to help organize time series data and deploy models and algorithms that utilize this data.
- Suggest and implement best practices for data optimization, architecture, and software
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain high development standards
What we need:
- 2+ years Experience with stabilizing and scaling data pipelines on the cloud, identifying bottlenecks and potential solutions
- Experience shipping micro-services to production
- Experience with a time series database like Timescale or InfluxDB is a plus
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Proficient communication skills, both written and oral. Able to produce excellent documentation
- Team player – work with team both onsite and offshore
- Love being challenged by learning and experimenting with new technologies
Our core microservices tech stack consists of backend on NodeJS and ExpressJS, frontend on Angular (11), and microservices on python. The database we use are PostgresSQL and InfluxDB (for IoT data). They all run on the GC and AWS cloud infrastructure and are deployed to various targets including virtual machines, and Kubernetes. We use Gitlab for our code repo and use GitlabCI for continuous integration and deployment.
Get to know Resync:
At Resync, we provide an Intelligent Energy Management Platform for smart cities and systems with multiple energy sources. We use a combination of machine learning model and deep technical knowledge of energy systems to ensure system efficiency, optimised performance and continuous savings. Resync was founded by 2 passionate engineers in late 2017, Emir Nurov and Dr. Jayantika Soni. With combined experience of more than a decade in renewables, Emir and Jayantika met during their time at Entrepreneur First, a London based acceleration programme backed by Reid Hoffman. Resync is a portfolio company of investors such as SGInnovate, AugustOne, Prasetia.