Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 7. AFFORDABLE & CLEAN ENERGYSDG 13. CLIMATE CHANGE
The electricityMap team is hiring a data analyst to derive valuable insights from our data and help ensure its pristine quality to support our mission to accelerate the energy system to a zero-carbon future.
Our mission is to organise the world’s electricity data to drive tangible reductions in carbon emissions. electricityMap started as a popular open-source project 5 years ago and is now used every day by citizens, companies, universities, NGOs, and policy makers around the world to understand and reduce the climate impact of electricity.
You will be joining a fun, international and inclusive team in our mission to tackle climate change – while simultaneously building your professional experience in the rapidly growing industry of climate tech. Our team works out of an office in Copenhagen.
About the role
In your role, you will be making sure that our data is the most accurate and trustworthy in the industry, and develop a strong expertise in data on power systems and carbon emissions. The insights and visualisations you will deliver using electricityMap’s data will be widely shared with both the public and industry experts and will help shape the transition towards a fossil-free energy system.
We’re a small team, so you’ll be owning a lot of your own work and initiatives, but we will be there to support you!
As more organisations commit to ambitious de-carbonation goals, we’re facing increasing demand for our data, expertise and insights. The growing coverage and reach of our data pushes us to ensure the delivery of high quality data. Your job will be to enable this by:
- Collaborating with software & data engineers, data scientists, and community & policy experts to ensure that electricityMap delivers the most accurate data
- Helping set up automated processes to verify and monitor data quality at all times
- Driving the creation of reports & dashboards to generate meaningful representations of the data
- Extracting valuable insights from complex analysis of electricityMap’s data
- Developing a deep understanding of how our business goals translate into data requirements
- Connecting directly with large clients to answer questions related to the data
- Support the data needs of various teams internally: Sales, Marketing, Product.
We’re looking for a purpose-driven and empathetic data analyst who is comfortable with autonomy and tackling challenging problems that will help the world understand and reduce its emissions. Your personality, breadth of experience and your hunger to learn means more than years of experience. Even if you don’t fulfill all the skills listed below, do apply!
As the ideal future teammate, you
- Know how to work with and query data using SQL, and are familiar with Python or R
- Understand concepts related to statistics and Machine Learning
- Are able to deliver analytics, derive insights and spot trends in complex time-series datasets
- Are able to build reliable dashboards, create reports, and produce impactful visualisations
- Have an understanding of how power systems work
- Are detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication skills
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We can’t wait to hear from you!
electricityMap is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at electricityMap for who you are, no matter your background or what you look like. We believe that it’s in our differences that we will find the power to solve one of the biggest challenges of our time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.