Experience3 - 5 years
Sustainable Development GoalsSDG 4. QUALITY EDUCATION
Edmentum is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, actionable data, and customer success. Founded in innovation, Edmentum’s powerful learning solutions blend technology with individual teaching approaches. We are dedicated to being educators’ most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance.
As a Principal Data Engineer you will be responsible for Edmentum’s enterprise data lake and data pipelines. You will also lead operationalizing exciting data science projects and solving interesting data engineering problems at Edmentum. You will get to use bleeding edge technologies to work on unique projects like: high-velocity clickstream ingestion and processing with big data tools, developing data ingestion/processing and consumption pipelines, on-premise to cloud data warehouse migration and enterprise level self-serve analytics project.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide cloud solutions and engineer data pipelines for existing and future data science projects
- Lead development and maintain Edmentum’s enterprise data lake on AWS
- Lead development and maintain clickstream data ingestion and processing
- Lead development and maintain data processing and consumption pipelines
- Maintain and enhance BI operational and analytical requests
- Deep interest and ability to identify and test bleeding edge DE technologies and methodologies.
- Manage and lead Data Engineering resources and project work to ensure exceptional outcomes are achieved.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field (Master’s or Ph.D. preferred.)
- 7+ years of working experience in SQL
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- 7+ years of experience working with Dimensional modeling, ETL (SSIS preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with PowerBI or other Data Visualization tools
- 3+ years of experience with AWS platform, including: AWS EMR, S3, Athena, Lambda, Redshift, DynamoDb, EC2, RDS, Glue, ECS, Kinesis
- Experience with Git, Docker, Kafka/streaming SQL
- Experience with PowerShell, SSRS and SSAS is a plus
- Experience with Linux, Shell and K8 is a plus
Average Salary: $142,450 (Dependent on Qualifications)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & Disability, PTO and Holiday Pay, Volunteer Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, FSA & HSA accounts, 401(k), Flexible Work Environment, Tuition Reimbursement
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.